What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that may come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that may come with my account?
We will authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Consumers National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $33 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, we will charge an additional $7 every fourth day (up to 10 times/item).
- There is a four items per day limit on the above $33 fee we will charge you for overdrawing your account. (There is no limit on the number of NSF items per day for business accounts.)
What if I want Consumers National Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, complete the online form below and click Submit, call our automated toll-free number at 888-421-7110, or complete the form below and present it at a branch or mail it to: Consumers National Bank, P.O. Box 256, Minerva, Ohio 44657.
Opt In/Out Online Form
Alternative Ways to Opt In/Out
|By Phone||By Mail||In Person|
You can opt-in or opt-out by calling our toll-free automated telephone service. If you prefer to speak with someone, call us at 330-868-7701.
P.O. Box 256, Minerva, Ohio 44657
If you prefer to opt in or revoke an earlier request by mail, please print this form and send it to your branch.
You can find your specific branch address on our locations page.
|Sometimes it's easier to talk about things in person. Please visit any of our locations and ask a customer service representative to help you decide which option is best for you.|